Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Reason Code status and resetting "Time in State" timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallCenterChris

Technical User
Jan 6, 2012
CA
Is there any other way to go from one NOT READY reason code to another and have the "Time in State" counter reset on the real time display without having to go back into an idle state or logging off?

I understand that you can just hit the Activity Code key on the phone, enter the new code, then hit the key again but it is not resetting our "Time in State" counter.

Example - Agent is in 5 mins ACW and then goes to "Break" the "Time in State" counter keeps counting from 5 minutes instead of starting back at zero.

Thanks for your help!

No, it won't reset the counter. The codes are cumulative, and you can see that on the Not Ready Reason Code report (i.e., the original code is still accumulating time, and the subsequent code will also increment for the same period).

The agent would have to come out of Not Ready and then go back into Not Ready to reset that timer, since it is counting the time of that state in the display.

Thanks for your help Sandy. We are trying to avoid going out of Not Ready to reset the timer, especially whent there are calls in queue.

If there are calls in queue the Agent then has to take a call and push their break/lunch or return the call to queue which results in a poor customer experience. Sounds like this is a system limitation then I guess for the timer reset?

CallCenterChris
We upgraded to the Aspect 6.6Sp2 Cm04 and the functionality you are after did work, and my agents and managers were excited because we were also wanting the timer to reset each time the agent changed reason codes. However, Cm05 upgrade in Nov, it no longer works. [sadeyes]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back