Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Port Network 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcoempress

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2007
US
I have a legacy cabinet for my port network 1 and G650's for my port network 2. I have everything out of my legacy cabinet except for a couple of clans, med pros and an IPSI. I intend on moving them to port network 2. I want to take out port network 1 and make port network 2 port network 1. Can anyone give me steps on how to do this? I have heard you must be careful taking out port networks as to not corrupt the system. I know I will have to change all the ports on stations and trunks once this is completed. Thanks! [upsidedown]

IMHO, it's not worth the work/aggravation. If the IPSI in PN #1 has the "Golden IPSI", then your system is licensed to it, it depends on what version of CM you have of course, as CM6 uses PLDS/WebLM now, and not the IPSI Serial Number ((MAC address of the WebLM server). Once you did have PN#1 removed, you have to manually X out every station, trunk, PRI/T1, CO trunk etc, and change them.. like I said, not worth the aggravation, unless you have ProVision.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

How do you find out if it is the "Golden" IPSI? I really want to turn this cabinet off. It is erroring anyway because it doesn't have a sync source since I moved the T!'s out of it and it is a huge refrigerator cabinet that uses a lot of power.

i believe "serialnumber" at the Linux shell of CM prints your IPSI serial numbers. The one with the * is Golden

Thank you for the info. I know where the golden IPSI is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back