Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing photos, etc in Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fotoman

Technical User
May 7, 2003
GB
I am about to purchase a webpage coding with animation and hopefully taylor it to be my own website. This is the link to what I am planning to buy... I have the choice of buying the site in Drupal 6 or as a CSS Full Site Flash 8.
Now, I have the Flash 8 software but very limited experience of working with Flash and would like to change the supplied photographs to my photos and obviously change the links to other pages within my website.
Have I bitten off more than I can chew here? Are these changes possible from someone with limited knowledge or would I be sensible in bringing in a more experienced professional?
Your advice, as ever, is most gratefully welcomed.

Fotoman

Crime Pays...
...unless you're a motorist!

IMHO, templates are usually poorly coded and are never as easily editable as their vendors might say they are.

If you have limited knowledge of Flash, but will essentially keep the template's graphic design, i.e. the placement and numbers of graphic items, pictures and texts, and just want to change the pictures, texts and/or links, then it can be done...

But removing or adding items, adding a not included video player for example, or changing the number or placement of pictures and/or of texts, may prove to be a big hassle, which even a professional wouldn't like to tackle.

Regards. CLICK HERE TO DONATE.

VISIT MY FORUM
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

Thanks for that. Essentially, I am quite happy with the design and layout; I just need it customised to have my photos animating instead of theirs.

Also, the animated links need to link to my other pages. The Flash animation is to be on the Home Page only.

If I did go for it, would suggest the Drupal 6 version or the CSS Flash 8 version?

Crime Pays...
...unless you're a motorist!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back