Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

GapMan

MIS
Oct 3, 2001
CA
I have recently updated to Win2k and AD. We have left the default password change interval of 42 days on the domain.

After a user changes there password their account keeps getting locked out. I have to go into AD and unlock their account. From another list someone told me that it could be users that are logged into TS with disconnected sessions that would be causing the problem, but that is not it. It is happening to all the users on my network, TS or not.

I have 2 DC's on the network and the whole network is at least 100Mb switched. I do have member servers that are on a GB switch.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Have you replicated the 2 DC's. You'll never be sure which server they log onto, so when you make a change on ad, replicate the two copies on the two servers to make sure both copies of AD are the same. Don't know if this helps you're problem, but it's an idea. I was changing things in ad on one server, and the permissions weren't being applied when the user logged in. This was the reason. Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
gjohn76351@msn.com
"Time past and time future
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present".
T. S. Eliot (1888-1965), Anglo-American poet.

Glenn the only problem is that the users are changing their password because of the 42 expiration that we have set. I never know when any user's password is going to expire.

How am I supposed to know when I have to resink the DC's?

Good point, no answer. Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
gjohn76351@msn.com
"Time past and time future
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present".
T. S. Eliot (1888-1965), Anglo-American poet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back