Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Password in CM 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prizm76

Technical User
Jul 18, 2006
US
Hi Everyone,
We've had a lot of turnover in our dept and while some people are gone some are still within the company and was thinking of changing the admin password on our 2 CM's and IPCC box. Is it as simple as just changing the password in the OS or is it an involved process of CM pieces dependant on the password?
I just figured I'd reach out to the community and see what anyone has experienced when doing this.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

Just wanted to add that I did find the documentation on Cisco's site regarding the procedure but this is more of a question for something that may not be well known that people have come across.

You can use the "CCMPWDChanger Tool"

The CCMPWDChanger tool is used to change the passwords for Directory Manager, CCMSysUser, CCMAdministrator, and IPMASysUser.

From the Cisco CallManager, choose Start > Run, type CCMPWDChanger and press Enter.

Use it only on the Pub.
For more info about this tool go to:

or use the Admin Utility

The Admin Utility is used in order to change the services password and synchronize for SQLSvc, CCMServiceRW, CCMService, CCMCDR, and CCMUser in the Cisco CallManager cluster. Run this from C:\Program Files\Cisco\Bin\Adminutility.exe. The Admin Utility changes the cluster private password, which in turn generates new encrypted passwords for the SQLSvc, CCMServiceRW, CCMService, CCMCDR, and CCMUser accounts.

Caos is the natural order of things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back