Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing paragraph styles

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimsylvi

Technical User
Nov 16, 2006
US
i have a text box that i've formatted with a specific paragraph style. but every time i press enter, it turns back to times 12pt., which isn't even my default type. why does this keep happening, and how can i make it so that the paragraph style stays the same even after i make a new paragraph?

Check to see that you have applied the paragraph style to any hard returns following your formatted paragragh and the end of story sybmol (#). (Show hidden characters or Edit in Story mode)

The style has been applied to everything--and yet it still converts to [No paragraph style] one I hit a hard return. Also, I don't know why the No paragraph style goes to Times, since my default font is Times New Roman.

Have you tried quitting InDesign and restarting. Sometimes I get erratic behaviour if I do not restart several times a week. Also, you might want to do a Save As to clean out any hidden "agenda."

Another thought, are you using linked text frames? Maybe something is not visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back