Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Outgoing Route from Telco to Cisco Tie Line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deweyhumbolt

Technical User
Oct 22, 2007
US
We are migrating off our Option 81C and into a Cisco Call Manager. I use to have two PRIs direct to Option from outgoing calls. The Cisco has 2 PRIs also for outgoing calls. All the DIDs use to come in on the Option, then traverse the 4 tie lines to Cisco. Today we moved the two Option PRIs to the Cisco changed the DISA and are perfect on ALL incoming DIDs.

My issue is I can send 4 digit calls across the Cisco tie lines but redirecting the "9" plus outgoing digits from the Option do not traverse the tie lines and provides reorder tone. How can I change my route or RLI to allow the Option to send outgoing calls across the Cisco tie and out the CenturyLink PRIs?

Thanks!

"Adversity is Opportunity

All of your outgoing calls will need to be sent to an RLI that contains the route to the Cisco and a DMI to insert "9

Thank you sir! In the meantime I made sure if I got the digits correct the call would actually go out the Cisco. I used my ACOD for the Cisco trunks and instead of dialing just the 4 digits, I dialed all 10. At 1st it did not go out, but after making a change on the CCM I can make LD calls across the Cisco tie and out through CenturyLink. So, all I need now is to route the AC1 calls across that route? Correct?

What LD do I use to make my AC1 "9" calls go out route 32 (RLI 23) instead of Route 0? Thanks!

AC1 is just a number to access BARS. You will have to touch every RLI that routes all outbound calls and send them to a DMI to insert 9 as well as changing the route they hit. LD 86 should be all you need, hopefully. Modify the existing RLI's and send them to route 32 instead of route 0 and build a DMI table and put that table # in the RLI entry

I don't want to effect the existing route 32 sending 4 digits, by prepending with a "9". So, for testing purposes I built a new RLI of 18 and pointed it to route 32 with a DMI of 18 that stripped nothing and added a "9". Then I went it to LD 90, went to the NPA 1714 (my cell) changed it's RLI to 18 and Bingo 91714876XXXX rings through to my cell!

However, I can't possibly need to change every NPA and NXX, correct. How can I tighten up what I know now will work?

Thanks KCFLHRC!

You don't need to change every NPA and NXX, all you have to do is modify the existing RLI that they are using and use the DMI table you built

All was well until they made some changes today. All calls were going across the Cisco Ties and I was a hero. They put the 2 PRIs back on the Nortel because the DIDs were not ringing in to the CCM. They found the CCM was set at NI2 and CenturyLink and the Nortel were at 5ESS. After taking the PRIs off again and attaching them to the CCM, we cannot "9" + dial out. 9+1+NPA+XXX-XXXX works, 4 digit works, but no 9+?? I have made NO changes to the RLB DMI or route? I can still use the route ACOD and the CCM dial 9+ and complete, but not off normal dialing. Please, what could have changed?

Thanks.

I would turn on DCH messaging on the 81 and watch what you are sending across the tie route. Build a test RLI and send one NPA across it. If you guys are still able to dial seven digits then do the same for an RLI to test an nxx with. I would also suggest that the guys who are working on the Cisco turn on debug isdn q931 and watch their disconnect cause codes. I making assumptions that your circuits are up and registered to CM. Did you guys rebuild the tie routes between the 81 and CM? I've made d100,sl1, ni2, and qsig work.

I made up a test RLI and applied to a specific NXX the calls go through. Here again, I can't go through and assign EVERY NXX to my RLI. What changed??

Thanks.

Probably nothing changed...I cannot guarantee I made a local call out a Nortel on Friday. The NXX RLI was 0! I changed my RLI for 0 to the same as RLI 10 and I'm a less heroic figure than on Friday, but at least positive.

From Hero to Zero in a matter of days, been there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back