Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Outbound Caller ID Name 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegenerallee

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2011
US
I checked with the carrier and they seem to think that it's out PBX that is sending the caller ID programming as opposed to them being the ones that program it. Is there a way I can check to see if out system is sending out the caller ID information and if so, what it's sending out? I've never touched this area of the phone system (it's one I inherited) so any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

The PBX will never send out the name. Number only. In ld 21, print your CLID entries and then print a phone and see what CLID table it is assigned to.

@KCFLHRC: Thanks for helping a newcomer out. The "0" table is what all (or most at least from what I'm seeing) appear to be assigned to. Back to the carrier I go!

Here's my LD 21 printout of table 0. NOTE: For the sake of keeping the actual numbers and such private, I have changed the HNTN, ESA_HLCL, and HLCL values to "fake" values to represent the data that's actually in our system.

ENTRY 0
HNTN 212
ESA_HLCL 313
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL 313
DIDN YES
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

The key to your print out is DIDN is set to yes. Which means you are sending out your DID number on CLID, not your main #. I seriously doubt your carrier will be able to associate a name with each DID number in your system.

@KCFLHRC: So the name assigned to each extension, are the visible to the outside world or are those only seen on internal caller ID displays?

Those names are only seen internally and will never be sent out to the PSTN

The name used in LD 95 can definaltly be sent out via PRI service. The DCH need to have ND2 defined in the RCAP for the DCH. All of our sites do this just fine and if you want the compnay name displayed instead for ALL out bound calls, the carrier can do that as well. Thank You

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Never seen a carrier that would accept the LD 95 CPND info.

Just came back from California and the CO switch would send out the name, but with the upgrade to 7.5 they started seeing too much HEX from the system and blocked the call. The system was 5.0 and when you called out you got the set CPND. I have seen it here and in Oklahoma.

Not to get into a pissing contest but, Telus, Bell, SaskTel, MTS all support CPND via PRI calls from a Nortel PBX and have for years. Maybe in the US some carriers don't do it but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work in most cases.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back