Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing or adding names on octel 200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2008
US
we have an octel 200 vmx, and I want to be able to view\add\edit names for the voicemailboxes.

the only thing I know how to do on this box is reset a voicemail password, so if anyone can give me some tips on this I would appreciate it.

oh yeah, the reason I want to change or add names is that when our system is on night call and someone calls in and tries to search the directory it appears a lot of names are missing.

I was told the octel system was what was being searched during this, so that is where I need to check the names.

You can use these commands:

.l user

to list all users in the system.

///doktor

The command ".m user" can be used to change the mailbox number and the COS / name of the user.

///doktor

Let me know if this helped you out?
///doktor

when I do the M USER it asks for mailbox number, I enter it, then it asks for MOD:

what would I enter here to change the name?

sorry for my ignorance, but the only thing I was ever shown on the voicemail system was how to reset a VM password to default.

At the . prompt enter L NAM return it will ask for the MB number to display, if it's incorrect or missing you can type M NAM and the MB number return and change it.
This should get you what you need.

I went to change the name on one of the voicemail boxes, but when I did L NAM, it then prompted me with LST:

I entered the mailbox number,7444, and it said
no matching entries for pattern: 7444*

I then tried
M NAM 7444
and got prompted with
MOD:

I entered the mailbox number and it gave me
NO NAME EXISTS FOR MAILBOX 7444

Hello again

I would do it in this way...

If a user has the MB 4747, COS=11 and the name is Jim Jones.
The user name of that same MB should be changed to Ian Jones. Do like this:

.m user
MOD:4747,4747,11,Ian Jones.

If the telephone number in the PBX and MB are the same digits:
.m user
MOD:4747,11,Ian Jones.

///doktor

Hi again

The COS or Class Of Service is defined as a set of rules or features added or removed from a standard voice mail box.
A feature like time stamp for incomming new messages can be added to the mailbox COS.
A feature removal from a standard mailbox could be to take away the possibility to leave a message (info mailbox).
///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back