Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing number of rings on an answer-group

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpySmurf

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2003
US
Hello,
I'm baffled on where to change the number of rings an answer-group has. Users are complaining about the 2 rings it was setup as. I've changed all coverage-paths to be 4, but that didn't change it. I can't connect the dots!
TIA,
Rob

I am not 100% positive, but I believe that this will be covered under the system parameters coverage forms. This is what the system defaults are. You can change the numbers of rings there, but it will effect the defaults on every coverage path.

Mikey

The amound of rings are in the coverage path that point to the answer group. I have seen this before. I removed both coverage answer and path and re defined and it worked.

Give that a bash

Thanks
Ed

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Hi

just want to ask if you are still having problems regarding the same. If yes do reply with the details like some of your system details like, whether its a G3R or G3si and are you R9 or R11.

gaurav

Mikey hit it on the head - thanks man! change system-parameters coverage-forwarding; first field Local Cvg Subsequent Redirection. No telling what else I changed by changing that value.
I went through every cover path and none had any effect.
Thanks all for your comments!,
rc

The param you changed that Mikey mentioned is a system default. If that number is lower than what you define on the coverage path it will take the smaller of the 2.
There are also some system timers that can come into play if you have a coverage path set with to many points and/or rings.

What changed on the other coverage paths is the number of rings that is at the second point of cover. The first point you have the option of whatever but the second point is set by the system defaults. May want to check that cafefully. Glad to be able to help.

Mikey

If you have less than 5 members, you can also use a terminating extension group. It will do the same thing as the coverage answer group but this will let you modify the number of rings without changing the system wide parameters.

-CL

One thing to note...if you use a term-ext-group, you can only have one active call to the term-ext-group. Once a call has come to the group and someone has answered the call, if another call comes into the same group it will ring busy unless you have setup a coverage path on the term-ext-group form to go somewhere else.

If you use a coverage answer group this will not happen. You can have more than one active call to the group at the same time.

Also, on release 1.3 you can specify the number of rings for each coverage point in the coverage path. If you do not specify it will use the system default that was mentioned earlier by Mikey.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back