Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing NT Account Password using Exchange Web Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelDOM2005

Programmer
Jun 3, 2003
US
Hello friends:

We seem to be having a problem with our Exchange server in regards to changing Windows NT account passwords. Here is what we do / would like to do:

1. We create the NT account.

2. We create the email box and give the password 1234 and choose the option that the user must change their password on the next login.

3. We go to the Exchange Web Access page, authenticate, and are presented with the login screen. After logging in, we get the screen that says we must change our password.

4. After typing in the required information, we click on Submit, and Internet Explorer advises us that we are switching to a secure connection.

5. After I acknowledge this message by clicking OK, I immediately get a "cannot find server" message. I've tried several times, but the message keeps coming back.

-----------------

Does anyone know what I can check/investigate in order to get this feature to work again? It would be a big help to us. Thanks for any insights.

Take care,
Michael.

I posted this on the E2k3 group, but I seem to remember some of it being applicable;

321582 The Outlook Web Access Change Password Option Does Not Function

267596 XWEB: How to Change OWA Passwords Through IIS

315579 "HTTP Error 403" Error Message When Password Changed with OWA or

328242 XCCC: You Receive an Error Message When You Try to Change Passwords If

823175 Fine-tuning and Known Issues When You Use the UrlScan Utility in an

HTH,
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back