Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Night "button" remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUSANVV

MIS
Feb 13, 2001
US
We have a Magix 3.0 and Winsim 9.0. The night button on the comsole turns on automatically as 5:30. How can I change this using Winsim? I need to be able to do this if the office closes for a snow emergency and I need to have the AA come on with no one in the office. Thanks for any help.

Sue

If you're using the Night button to control whether the Automated Attendant answers or not, you'll have to get access to Merlin Messaging in some other way.

You might do this by dedicating a "backdoor" line or DID number that is covered by voicemail. This will assure that you have basic access to Merlin Messaging, regardless of the state of the Night Button.

The procedure for those emergency days would then be to:

1) Dial the number and wait for voicemail to answer
2) When the greeting begins to play, press *R (restart) to get yourself to a standard login prompt.
3) Login to the System Administrator mailbox create a Temporary Closing Message.

The steps needed for making a Temporary Closing Message can be found on Avaya's website at
Tim Alberstein

Thanks for replying. I can get to the WinSim program and the Messaging as though I were at a PC in the office. I can set the temporary schedule in the Messaging. During work hours the AA is never invoked. The system is set up to just keep ringing until someone answers it during work hours. At 5:30 the AA takes over but the night button on the operator console goes on causing the AA to answer. If I physically press the night button on the console, the AA will answer. I need to invoke that night bell through WinSim. Just making the temporary closing message goesn't cause the AA to answer. TIA.
Sue

Once connected in WinSpm, go to Night Service, Set an automatic schedule to start night service in about 5 minutes (to give you time to finish programming), then set it to Auto Night Service. When the clock hits the time you set to start, the system will automatically go into night service. When you are able to return to the office, you can set it back to manual service.

Thanks for the reply. I go to WinSpm, then Standard. System Programming, OK, Night Service. At this point my options are GroupAssign, OutRestrict, Emergency, ExcludeList, Time Control which is Off or On, and cover Control also Off or On. Where, other than the console, can I set the time for which Night Control takes over. If I can see the console extension in here (WinSpm), can I invoke it (pushing the button that represents the night button) from there? TIA.
Sue

Go to Time Control. Set a Start time. Set it for Auto ON.

I don't have a system in front of me, but it should be understandable.

When you set a start time, you will enter a digit from 0 to 6 for the Day of the Week (Sunday is 0, Saturday is 6), then the Start Time (which is when Night Service will start)

Thanks for the reply. In Standars SPM, System Programming, NightService, TimeControl only has Off or On as the options. Nothing else is offered. Is the Time control somewhere else for configuring? TIA.

Sue

You cannot invoke the button remotely, you'll have to do it through time control. Under Night Service you should also see "start" and "stop" (both listed above time control). This is the start time and the stop time for night service. If you do not see those options, maybe you need to first choose "on" for time control, but I don't think that is the case. Those options should be there.

From the Integrated System Feature Reference manual:

Select start time and stop time for each day of the week for Night Service with Time Control:
NightSrvce ? Start ? Dial start day (0–6) and time(0000–2359) ? Enter ? Stop ? Drop ? Dial stop day and time ? Enter ? Back

Turn Time Control option off or on:
NightSrvce ? Time Control ? Off or On ? Enter ? Back

Tim Alberstein

Thank you for the replies. I saw the Start and Stop above the Time Control but they were along side of GroupAssign and OutRestrict so I thought Start and Stop were for them. Thank you very much all of you for your caring enough to answer. Have a great weekend.

Sue

use your start time for your closing time,your start is your opening, for closure for the weekend Example fri start 530 night comes on close for sat & SUN no imput, open on Monday,Stop 0800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back