Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing My Callpilot 201i for 202i

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpiopy

Technical User
Feb 4, 2008
US
Hello everybody,

I in process to change my old callpilot 201i card for a new one 202i. My concerns is how I put all the message and the grettings, password in our new callpilot 202i. Already make a backup. Please if someone have the same situation please let me know.

Best,

From Paraguay

Any help!!

My new callpilot is version 5.0 and the old is version 2.01

Hi,
you are able to do a direct upgrade from 2.02 (2.01.27.05) to 5.0. Your 2.02 System must have minimum SU04.

Just run Upgrade Wizard on your new 202i with Rel. 5.0 installed as described in CallPilot NTP NN44200-400 (Upgrades & Migration Guide).

All your data (Messages, Greetings, Applications etc.) should be converted to your new Release.

Regards from Switzerland,
Mike

Thank I will try this week and I would let you know anything!

Thanks for the help!!

Sorry again, I realized that the new callpilot is a new equipment and I don't do the upgrade. I will replace the old callpilot to the new callpilot rls 5.0.

Yes, but it is still an upgrade, just to a new platform. If you run the Upgrade Wizard (application on the Call Pilot 5.0 disk, or downloadable from Nortel website), it will prepare a backup of the system for you to restore to the new system.

Then, you run the Setup Wizard on the new 202i server. It will ask you "Do you have data you wish to restore?" just click Yes and restore the data.

Once you are done, you will run configuration wizard to verify data in the system, load your languages and then restart the system.

Make sure you have the latest Service Update on your 201i system before running the Upgrade Wizard. If you don't it's ok, it will just inform you to load them.

It's an easy process. If you have access to the documentation it is pretty good now and will walk you through each step you need to perform to get this working.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back