Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Movie Size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielh68

Technical User
Jul 31, 2001
US
Hi,

I have a Flash movie with several layers and several elements. My client asked if I could make the movie smaller in dimension. I said sure, however, I found that I have to move every keyframe of every element on every layer in order to fit the new specifications. Pure tedium. I've tried marqueeing around all the frames and using the arrow tool to move them, but there's always stray frames leftover. In addition, I tried selecting multiple frames via Edit Multiple Frames button and moving them with arrow keys on the keyboard. Still, there's always elements that are left behind. This seems like it should be a relatively simple task, shouldn't it? I just want to move several elements higher up the page so I can reduce the movie size. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

While you have edit multiple frames on, make sure that you do not have any layers locked/hidden. -Nukoi
I know my stuff.. Hire me.

Alternatively, you could copy all frames, insert new symbol, paste the frames into it, then drag that symbol onto the main timelineand move it wherever you like..

Please note that this way will mess up any calls to _root through actionscript. -Nukoi
I know my stuff.. Hire me.

If you are only moving things up a few pixels... then click on a layer name which will select everything on that layer then without clicking again use the arrow keys to move it up as many pixels as you like.

Do this with each layer.

someone around here may know of a better way but to my knowledge there isn't one. Using my method I can change an entire movie around in just a few minutes. Regards,
TulsaJeff

cd_tektips.gif

Thanks, everyone. I guess, my head is not functioning, because I still have problems. I have tried this:
1.Edit multiple frames
2.Select all (everything is unlocked, visible and the score is highlighted in black)
3.Moved elements upward with arrow key
4. Result = still there are keyframes left behind.

I then tried this:
1. Clicked on one layer (just once, making the whole layer black)
2. Cautiously, employed the upwards arrow key.
3. Result = when I played the animation, only the first keyframe on the layer moved up, the rest remained in the original position. I swear, the whole row was blanketed in black.

Hmmm. I'm lost. I have the whole movie finish and just this little thing is crushing my sanity. In any case, everyone's help has been greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back