Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing MIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkirkflex

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2006
US
I'm new to Netscreens. We have a Netscreen 25. We have recently brought up a new Exchange server and are moving our mail to it. Once that is done we need to change the MIP on the Netscreen to map to the new exchange server for OWA on the new server to work. I have looked at the Netscreen GUI but cannot find where to change the MIP. Please advise.

Thanks.

Goto Network > Interfaces. Click Edit for the interface where the MIP was configured. At the top of the page you will see options for properties: MIP.

Thanks MaxPipeline. I did that and I get to the table where the MIPs are, but I cannot edit anything in the table? I am logging in as administrator (at least username is administrator). At the top of the window is this: Network > Interface > Edit > MIP (List). So I take it I am in "List" mode? Do I not have enough permissions to edit?

Please advise.

Thanks again.

you will have to remove the object from any policies that are using it before you can change it.

Stu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back