Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing merchant processors on micros e7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessyhayes

Vendor
Dec 12, 2015
US
I switched processors for my restaurant and have all the new id numbers. When I login to configurator and try to access the CA/EDC tab it says access denied. I should have full access to everything as my login is the main one. Why can't I access or is there another way I can change my processor so I can run the cards? Any advice would be appreciated!

You do not have full access.

You need to contact the vendor and have them provide you with full access.

I did, it is a Micros e7 POS through Oracle they said they would charge me $600 for support fees to be able to give me access, that seems insane because I spent over $5,000 buying the systems and getting them installed. Does that seem right?

e7 does not usually have remote access ability, due to the OS on the terminals, unless you have a back office desktop PC running as the e7 server(primary).

Is the $600 include travel? What is the estimated # of hours?

Also, all the national dealers no longer have regional territories. This means you can contact any dealer in the US and ask them for a quote, but again, if there is no remote access, travel will be the killer.

NCBP is great in midwest East Coast has many good dealers
Not sure of the west coast

If you are still in need of getting this done, I would suggest we could use the "lost password" trick to gain access to configurator, add a Super User account, and then update the credit card processors new information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back