Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing menus old aloha to new aloha 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlohaRoss

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2009
TH
I am working with a new restaurant. The aloha ver is 12.3. They want to wipe and start fresh with new menus, items, submenus ect. Nothing from the old restuarant they want on the system. Is there an easy way to build the new menu in Old Aloha Manger and then import it into New Aloha Manager at the same time wiping the current database in New Aloha manager at same time.

Or if you have other idea how to program quickly. I avoid much of the typing by editing the .DBF files. I already have all items typed in an excel spread sheet

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
PM me on Reddit

if you have the dbf's on your machine write the database in old aloha manager and then drop them in like d:\bootdrv\aloha or whatever your iber directory is. Uninstall NAM, re-install NAM, import the new database in.

I frequently do this when setting up a new site. I have a starter database that is blank and write it in old aloha manager, transfer files to customers machine, install nam and then import and it works fine.

There will be an option as you re-install nam to backup the current sql database and you just say no.

No luck, got stuck on reinstal asking for password for user 1. could not get past it. any idea on how to wipe the sql database its linking to

AlohaRoss
PM me on Reddit

Navigate to bootdrv\CFC\InStoreInstaller\InStoreDatabaseInstaller from command line and run AeMInStoreDatabaseInstaller.exe /deleteonly That will wipe current DB. Then run AeMInStoreDatabaseInstaller.exe /installstandalone That will load the 1 account back to the factory default password and you can do import from old Aloha.

Thank you. I got lucky and the server when bad. So now I get to start fresh all over again.

AlohaRoss
PM me on Reddit

Usually "lucky" and the "server went bad" do not go together well in a sentence. I wish the process of writing/ rewriting data was more user friendly with NAM.

So I have my changes made in 6.7. I transfer my Newdata folder over to site with the 12.3. How do I uninstall Nam and reinstall and then import? I have never done any implementation of a 12.3 version. Only worked with it. Thanks in Advance...

I am trying to do something similar, and uninstalled AM, but on reinstall, if I pick custom it wants a .zbak file - which I do not have.

When installing select blank not custom. After logging into NAM you can import database from DBfs.

If you have not uninstalled NAM you can just delete database by running navigating to bootdrv\CFC\InStoreInstaller\InStoreDatabaseInstaller from command line and run AeMInStoreDatabaseInstaller.exe /deleteonly That will wipe current DB. Then run AeMInStoreDatabaseInstaller.exe /installstandalone That will load the 1 account back to the factory default password and you can do import from old Aloha.

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Series of Tubes, thanks for sharing. This will come in very handy in the future when NAM servers show up on Ebay. Without a viable EMV solution for all processors, Aloha is going to loose market share to more modern POS systems IMO.

AlohaRoss
PM me on Reddit

I agree AlohaRoss. I don't know much about Connected Payments. I think they have about 100 sites out now. Not sure how many platforms they support but it is expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back