Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing LiveUpdate download location

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookser

Technical User
Jun 23, 2003
US
How do I change the location my Antivirus downloads LiveUpdates from? I want to download the updates from a corporate site, not the Symantec site. Is there a way to configure the server to automatically do this? I am using Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition on my server. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Use the live update adminstrator version, it on the cd.

Or load the SCC right click server group > all tasks > liveupdate > configure

Hi Bookser

If you want to have Live update updating from your own network the best and most secure way is to dedicate a server or a desktop to download the updates. This server should only point to the Symantec site. You have to install the Live Update Administration Utility on that server and decied wich patch to save the downloads.
After you go to SSC you right click the Parent server in every group All tasks/Liveupate/configure, there you write the URL path to the dedicated server that you use for downloading.

This is if you use the Virus Definition Transport Method from parent server to secondary servers and to clients in that group.

If you do as Faithless described all the servers and clients in that group will use liveupdate as the downloading method.
This you have to choose yourself.

Be well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back