Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing links in dreamweaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffacake2000

Programmer
Mar 26, 2002
GB
I have text link in a few pages. How do i change this link in one go?

eg. say i have 200 pages but without going into every page manually?

Did you make those pages with a template??

If you didn't, sorry i can't help.
Have Fun...

Sharky99 >:):O>

I would suggest saving one of those pages as a template and use it to apply to the entire site.

Hope this helps you out,
DanH

Yep, if the link was text, it can be changed in one hit if you use Dreamwaever, only by first creating a template for the site or page before you start the site or update it.
It will also look more professional.
Next time, plan the site.

Kissy.

Have you tried the "change links sitewide" command? If you are after just updating a link throughout your site that is. This will rummage through your entire site for you. Else you could just use a search and replace.

And may I just say that sympathetic outburst from kissy will make me chuckle for a while! Derren
[Mediocre talent - spread really thin]

Maybe
File>Find & Replace
use the source code settings
or
rename the file and then Change links site wide
Live long and make your kids suffer..

Thanx for the suggestions.

no, i havent done it as a template. What i'll do now is convert them to templates and then try.

basically, i want the html link updated and the text to change in each page

This is easily done using a search and replace and the change links sitewide - you don't need to create the whole site into templates - that will take you much longer! Derren
[Mediocre talent - spread really thin]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back