Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing IP schemes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulletard

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2003
US
I would like to change my IP scheme from routable addresses to non-routeable addresses. I have a FireboxIII and would like to slowly move my network over to 10.x.x.x scheme due to growth. Can I NAT my public IP to 2 different addresses.

In Policy Manager, select Network => Configuration and click on the Secondary Networks tab.

You can add multiple networks to an interface here. The FB will NAT for all of them.

So I can actually build out my 10.x.x.x network on the secondary network then unpopulate the primary network????

Then can I convert my secondary to my primary network?

My optional interface is set to the 10.x.x.x which causes a problem setting up the secondary network.

Maybe a better understanding of what you have and are trying to do are in order...

Are you in drop-in or routed mode?

Are you moving hosts from the optional to trusted?

Are you using 10.x.x.x/8? Is that a requirement?

Any other details would be helpful.

If the secondary network on the trusted interface is on the same subnet as the network on the optional, you will have an issue. The firewall is basically still just a router and needs to know where to send packets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back