Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

hartbros

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2003
US
Sorry New to exchange I have just been throne into the mix.
I have Exchange Server 5.5 on a NT machine and the ISP screwed up and are going to be changing my IP address to another one I need help changing the IP on the exchange server. Currently the exchange server serves a small co of about 20 to 40 employees across 3 states I don't want to screw it up thanks any help you can offer would be great.

Normally you would just change the IP in network properties. You need to make sure your DNS/MX records point to this new IP address.

is that all I need to do? talking to a few other teks in the area they made it sound like a big deal.

Well it could be if you dont change your DNS records, and it will take some time for the records to update. I have done this several times due to new acquisitions our company has made. If your domain name doesnt point to the right address "no mail".

Yes your ISP can even handle the DNS and MX stuff so all you need do is change the IP address on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back