Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing IP address on BCM400 Ver. 4.02.21d

Status
Not open for further replies.

sienz

Programmer
Jul 23, 2002
US
I need to make a change in the BCM400 Ver. 4.02.21d IP address since the networking team id redoing the local network.
In this BCM, it is showing the our local network IP address is on LAN1
LAN2 seem to be the local BCM IP with IP address: 10.10.11.1
I did make a change last year and want to ask help to refresh my mind since we will have to do it midnight with no support.

1. Change my laptop to static IP to 10.10.11.10 network and connect it to the local BCM port which is LAN2 in this case
2. Login to 10.10.11.1 Nortel BCM Element Manager->Configuration->resources->Network Interface->LAN1->IP Settings->click Modify
3. Change the IP, subnet and default gateway
4. System will be rebooted or need to be rebooted
Is there anything that I should be aware of when I make this change?

We only use digital phones so I believe it should not be a problem when I make Ip change.

Thank you

There are a couple of ways to do this. It can be done via Telset access and I have two guides on this at..

and also

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

firebirdscrambler,

The first link is broken. I can not download it.

the second link is ok but that's only the guide to login to BCM EM. I have download it and install it in my laptop. So login to BCM EL is not the problem.

My question is changing the IP address for the BCM.

Thank you

If we do it from the telset, Do we have the option to view the customer IP address instead of BCM local IP?

Got it.

If we do it from the telset, Do we have the option to view the customer IP address instead of BCM local IP?

I believe the system will need to be rebooted after we change the IP.

Is there anything that I should be aware of when I make this change?

I will probably do it from BCM EM

If you do it via Telset access, you can view the LAN1 IP, Subnet and Gateway IP address first. You then have an option to change it.

Which ever method you use, you will have to reboot the BCM afterwards.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back