Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing How Drinks and Food Route Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewtoAloha

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2019
US
I have a client who would like to have some promotion items rung up as a combo, and to have the drinks route to the bar before after a order is rung up while the food routes to the kitchen. The issue I'm having is that they use Table service and not Quick service, and I don't know of a way to make combos in Table service. At the moment I have the items set up in a modifier group named after the promotion with a button price of the promotional price. They didn't like this option and want me to make it another way. -_-

I also don't know if there's a way to send the drinks to the bar before the order is wrung up. Is there something I'm missing with that? I know that chit printing options are available but I don't really understand how to set them up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Why not use a promo type of group combo? You would ring up all items as normal, then pressing the promo button would automatically combine the items as one with the price.

I've tried that, but when I try to use the promo I get the error "The Group Combo cannot be applied at this time". I made sure all of the items are listed in the categories for the promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back