Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Help window background color

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwgmr

MIS
Mar 12, 2001
US
Hi, I am wondering how either in registry or setting could I change default color of the winxp Help window from that blue to another color like red. Is this possible?

Would the font of text also be there?

Thanks all

You may change it but any changes would also be reflected in all other Windows. Look at the options available here under Appearance and Appearance/ Advanced.

Control Panel /Display /Appearance /Advanced

Thanks Linney, I have tried that but what I need is a blue background with red lettering. I was wondering where in reg I would change that. The high contrast only gives whites and blacks

Thanks again

Linney was referring to the fact that the text portion is influenced by the Theme you choose.

Fundamentally, there is no registry store for what you want.

You could, if you like editing HTM files, introduce by direct edit a different color scheme.

Kelly Theriot notes the locations locally of the pages, which are nothing more than javascript and HTML:

Click on this link:
And scroll down to her discussion of hcp:// pages for Help and Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back