Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing GW server IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipil2

Technical User
Aug 5, 2004
US
Hello all,
I'm going to be changing the IP address of the GW server which is a GW 5.5 enhance pack 5 on a Netware 5.1 sp6, the server was in another state(ca) connected to the main office via frame relay on a different vlan, so my question is: once I do the limber proccess on NDS to change the IP address, what or where I have to go to change the IP address settings on Groupwise so can work as before?.
any help will be appreciated.
thanks.

Hi,

Changing the IP address is a very simple matter for both the NetWare server as well as for GroupWise. You will want to be careful though of things that mya/will break, and those are all related to web-based services. Your certificates will be broken (mostly fixed with PKIDIAG), and your web server will most likely not load. Being that you are on NW 5.1 I assume you are running either no web server or the Novell (NetScape) Enterprise Web Server. The only real consequence of it stopping is that GroupWise WebAccess will then not function either.

As to changing the IP address for the GroupWise agents, both the MTA and POA have a Network Address tab. Change the address there and restart the agents.

gwexpertslogo.jpg

Gioffre Consulting
Check out our Novell Training Cruises

Thanks, gioffre,
I will give this a try, good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back