Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

camg

Technical User
Jun 12, 2003
CA
I'm trying to change the introductory voice greeting when a customer phones in ("Hello and welcome to...press 1 for...press 2 for"). I've been searching around like crazy and all I can seem to find are instructions to change personal voice mailbox greetings.

The functionality of IVR is the same; pressing 1 will still do this and pressing 2 will still do that. I just want to change the greeting to exclude a sentance that states "There have been changes made to our system".

Can somebody please help??

Sorry, I forgot to add that I'm using a Nortel Meridian 1 opt 11c pbx.

What type of v-mail do you have?I would suspect that the greetings may come from a menu mailbox.

We're using Meridian Mail. I'm able to log into a DN and change the personal greetings. Is the business greeting the same, where I just need to know the DN and password?

at main menu
option 3
option 4
option 6

this will tell the number and password

then call the MM remote programming number and use that to change the greeting.

Ok, once I log into Meridian Mail,

Option 3 = Voice Admin
Option 4 = Outcalling Admin

Then no other options. Perhaps a different version of Meridian Mail UI?

go into the voice service dn table
and find the "prompt maint." this is the number you dial to change greetings. then you need to decide which greeeting you want to change. (main greeting,,
then you input this DN and its password ,,mermail will then prompt you thru this proceedure. any ?s

senario...........call the VSDN table "prompt maint"
mm will say...."voice service id? here is where you put the greeting # you want to alter..mm then asks "password"
put in the password and then you can play the greeting to make sure you have the correct one. and listen to the mail system as it will instruct you from there, and forward

Hi, I hope that i am right pointing that you have problem with greeting on auto attendant. Of course you have done login to VM. From Main Menu,
go to Voice Administration,
go to Voice Service Administration,
go to Voice Service DN Table. take a look all the list on the Voice Service DN Table and find out DN and Service ( MS ). using Prompt Maitenance ( PM ) to access the MS and follow the instruction. Good luck. I have a map ( tree ) for VM rel 13 if you needed.

Below is a write up I've done for changing our greeting. Hope it helps.

· Select # 3 “Voice Administration

· Select # 4 “Voice Services Administration

· Select # 6 “Voice Menu Definitions”

· Press the spacebar to highlight “Day Attendant” or “Night Attendant”. If you are on the wrong one, press the arrow key up or down and press the spacebar again to highlight.

· Press the “F3” key for (View/Modify).

· Tab till the “blinking cursor” is on the space for “Menu Choices Recorded <Voice>: yes”.

· Press the “F4” key for VOICE.

· Type in the 4 digit DN number you would like to record from, then press ENTER. (That extension will ring-pick it up). Recording will not begin until you press the “F3” Key.

· 5 Soft Keys will be displayed below:

F1 F2 F3 F4 F5
RETURN PLAY RECORD DELETE DISCONNECT

· Press “F2” to PLAY the present recording.

· Press “F3” to RECORD.

· Press “F3” to STOP RECORDING.

· Press “F2” to PLAY BACK the current recording. (remember nothing is changed until you SAVE the current session)

· When you have a GOOD Recording – hang up; this will disconnect you and allow you to press the “F1” Key to RETURN to the Save/Cancel screen.

· Press “F1” to SAVE the NEW recording.

· Press “F1” to EXIT (3 times to return to the Main Menu)

· Press “F1” to LOGOFF from the Main Menu Screen.

· Hold down on the “Ctrl” key and press the “]” key to exit out of Meridian Mail.

· Press ENTER to get the “>” Prompt.

· Type LOGO and press ENTER to exit the Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back