Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing from PRI to T-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustinn3

MIS
Oct 31, 2001
US
We are getting ready to change our pri circuit to a t-1 circuit. The circuit we are going to is robbed-bit. Both are from SBC. I'm running v5 on a g3si. The circuit is on a tn464f. Is there anything special I have to do besides change to parameters on the ds1 and trunk group? How do I remove the d-channel? I tried to cut tonight, but I could not get the ds1 to let me change it. It kept saying the port was in use even with the board and trunk busyed-out. Do I have to remove all of the ports from the trunk group?

Thanks,

Dustin

You must first remove all the members in your trunk group and remove the corresponding signalling group in which port 16 was assigned. Hope this helps.

You have to remove them from the "change comm" screen, there are a few options in there you have to change. Its been so long since I've worked on that release, I can't remember what they are.. There are 2 commands in there to use..

BuckWeet

Buckweet is going in the right direction. you need to remove the link to the processor interface, which will require busying it out and possibly even the data module associated with the PI link before you can remove these old translations. I hope you don't need a craft level password to do this.

wannabe1

Hi

I think u have to busy out the D channel on the signalling group before removing the bearer channels and the trunk group....this is how we do for Rll.....

Regds

Robonix......

You can use the "list signaling group" command. This will show you what the primary and secondary d channels are and their port assignments. On my PRI's the 24 channels are for the d signaling on the 464F packs. If you have trouble after busying out the d signaling channel you may want to print out the current configuration of this signaling group and remove it. Then if all else fails you can put it back in service with the print out that you have.

Mikey

Once you remove the member from your trunk group you will need to change each of the DS1 configurations. The primary circuit (where the D-channel resides) will be defined as

Bit Rate: 1.544 Line Coding: b8zs
Line Compensation: 1 Framing Mode: esf
Signaling Mode: isdn-pri
Connect: network
CentreVu Long Timers? n Country Protocol: 1
Interworking Message: PROGress Protocol Version: b
Interface Companding: mulaw CRC? n
Idle Code: 11111111
DCP/Analog Bearer Capability: 3.1kHz

Slip Detection? n Near-end CSU Type: integrated

Echo Cancellation?n

On the Signaling Group you will need to know what the interface ID is coming from SBC. This is the order the circuits arrive to you. They need to match what is in the Certral Office. Here is the example from my switch (Definity G3r v9.5)

SIGNALING GROUP

Group Number: 1 Group Type: isdn-pri
Associated Signaling? n Max number of NCA TSC: 0
Primary D-Channel: 02B1924 Max number of CA TSC: 0
Secondary D-Channel: 02C2024 Trunk Group for NCA TSC: Trunk Group for Channel Selection:
Supplementary Service Protocol: a

Trunk Brd Interface ID Trunk Brd Interface ID
1: 02B19 0 11:
2: 02C20 1 12:
3: 02D18 2 13:
4: 02A17 3 14:
5: 15:
6: 16:
7: 17:
8: 18:
9: 19:
10: 20:

If you need help send me your contact information at bob.hanson@blueshieldca.com

BHanson

Thanks for all of the help guys! I think I can make a go of it this time. One question though on the processor interface, it shows two isdn ports, but it doesn't give any indication to what board the port is assigned. Is there anyway to tell?

Thanks!

Dustin

im trying to remove ports from a trunk group and i get an "error encountered, cant complete request".

Can someone shed some light on this.

ds1 board 04b19 1 - 23 ports in trunk
04b1924 - primary channel in sig group 20

Alex.

log out and log back in, sometimes this will clear that message

I tried the logout/login trick. Did not get rid of the message. I escalated to Avaya and they informed me that I have a corruption in my trunk grp database. I worked around it by just adding a new trunk grp and adding 4 t1's to the new grp. I set these t1's up as t1-stan. Avaya has engaged their corrution dept. They will be correcting the database and removing the trunk grp that is damaged.

I'd be interested to know if this has happened to anyone else in the past. I was working on an Avaya G3r running CM1.3.

Alex.

I have seen corruption before, and most times it was caused by "brown outs". If the power goes down enough to loose some of the memory, but not enough to do a software reset, then u can get corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back