Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing font

Status
Not open for further replies.

baha

Programmer
Apr 16, 2002
US
Hi,

Please help me with the font changing. In my program i have to make the font and collor of a text to change.

I have a main form frmMain, and i have a label there lblText, i have menu commands: Edit and Font,Color.
When i press Font menu command i should be able to choose different fonts (timesnewroman etc.)

What i did is i created another form, which has a label "Enter the Font" and a list box with TimesNewRoman, Arial and etc, and cmdOK.When i click on menu command "font"
on the main form this form appears and allows to choose a font from a list, after it should disappear.
Here is my code:
Private cmdOK_Click()
If lbxFont.ListIndex = "Arial" Then _ frmMain.lblText.FontName = Arial
Unload frmFont
EndSub

It says variable is not defined and Highlights Arial.

Maybe u can suggest something or there are some other ways

Thanks.

You might want to try putting Arial is Quotes.

frmMain.lblText.FontName = "Arial" Good Luck
------------
Select * from Users where Clue > 0
0 rows returned

I tried to put in quotes, but now it shows type mismatch and highlits --If lbxFont.ListIndex = "Arial" Then --

any other methods of doing that ?

Thanks

I think i found an answer,

I put: lbxFont.ListIndex = "1" Then -- instead of lbxFont.ListIndex = "Arial" Then --, so the "Arial" is equal "1".

It worked so far, i will try to put some more fonts.

Thanks, i hope that is the way it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back