Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Font Size On Desktop 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dschmootz

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2002
US
Hi All,

A friend of mine somehow changed the font size so everything is BOLD. For instance, "My Computer", "My Network Places" and all lettering is bold. This wouldn't be that big of a deal, but when he opens Outlook and trys to pull up someones address, he can't see all the information. Resolution is 1024 X 768 and DPI is normal (96). I went to "Apperance" and "Advanced" to try all settings, but I couldn't find it. IBM Thinkpad with XP Pro. Any suggestions are appreciated!

DON

Your post says you tried this but I'll throw this out there anyway. Go to Appearance tab in Display Properties and choose advance. Scroll down to "Icon". The font settings there are what appears on your desktop. Hope this helps.

Thanks! That worked for everything except outlook. It's still bold, which makes it so you can't see all of the address information when you pull up an address.

I'm using Outlook 2000 and found that a right click in an empty space in whatever folder (contacts, inbox etc.) you are in brings up a menu. If you choose "Other Settings" on that menu, it allows you to change fonts in various areas.

Someone at my Dad's work had this problem when I was there on Work Experience (he must've told everyone I was a genius or something, lol), and I had the same problem of Outlook's Fonts not changing when I changed the font size in Display Properties...

I'd be interested to see how this is solved...

Outlook (2003) Fonts.

Change the style of text and other elements in a view.

On the View menu, point to Arrange By, and then click Custom.
Click Other Settings.
Select the options you want, and then click OK.

Thanks guys. It WAS Outlook 2003 but Linney, I can't figure out which setting is for the "field headings" (first, last and address) for the global address book. Any idea on that?
DON

From Outlook help, does this apply?

On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
Under Directory, select View or change existing directories or address books, and then click Next.
Click the address book you want to change, and then click Change.
Make the changes you want, and then click OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back