Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing files attributes of files in subfolders to match parent folde 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

maloaupito

Technical User
Jun 28, 2001
US
How do I easily change file attributes (particularly uncheck Read-only & Hidden) of files in subfolders to match parent folder attributes (basically all attributes unchecked)? I inherited a website on a CD and upon copying the many files onto my hard-drive, all the files have the Read-only attribute checked - not useful for making changes. I don't want to go to every folder, select-all and change properties simply because there's subfolder after subfolder after subfolder. I want to have all folders, subfolders and files to have no attributes. Isn't there an easier way to do this?

when u check or uncheck readonly or any other attribute on a folder and click on apply
u r presented with two options
1 apply changes to this folder only
2 apply changes to this folder,subfolder,files

puta check on the 2 option
that should solve ur problem
Kapil Technical Director
Infovalley Interwebspiders Pvt. Ltd.
Microsoft Certified System Engineer
visit
If u find the information provided here useful to u then let me know by clicking on the link below s-)

u can do it by giving attrib command at the dos prompt
by putting a /S & /D switch to the attrib command

eg
c:\>attrib -R c:\folder\*.* /S /D

Kapil Technical Director
Infovalley Interwebspiders Pvt. Ltd.
Microsoft Certified System Engineer
visit
If u find the information provided here useful to u then let me know by clicking on the link below s-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back