Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing extensions on Norstar M7324 phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mec1988

Technical User
May 11, 2011
CA
Hi everybody,

We've been moving some phones around in our office. One phone was moved into a room that has no phone jack, so we ran a telephone line from down the hall into that room. Our phone system has "set relocation" set to "no", however, which is necessary for us, so the phone carries the information of the phone jack down the hall with it. Basically it needs a different extension than the one that is associated with the phone jack it's plugged into.
Is there any way to change the extension that a jack is associated with? Or do I have to call our phone service provider? Any help is greatly appreciated!

It's under Change DN's, you will need the installers password to do it

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I believe I have the installers password. How exactly do I go about changing the DN's? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just fairly new to this whole system.

You go to the Heading under SYSTEM PROGRAMING Change DN and put in the old Dn and then the new DN. Like I said if that password you have isn't the Installer Password you will not see it in SYSTEM PROGRAMING

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back