Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Extension Names 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

abovebrd

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2000
US
How do I go about changing the extension names on a <br>MLX-10DP. This would be the name reflected on the LCD display when you dial the internal extension on the phone.<br><br>Can this programming function be done from the system console ?<br><br> <p>-Danny<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

It can be programmed throught the system console.
You will find it under labeling - directory - extensions, I believe.

-Tom McLaughlin

Tom,

Would that be the main operator console?

-Danny

-Danny

Need the MLX20 phone plugged into the extension that allows you to program the system. Then you need to get to
Labeling - Directory - Extension - (enter the logical ID (port number on the Legend ie 001, 024) to be renamed in the following format #xxx) - Press DROP to delete name - Enter new label for extension - Enter - Exit - Exit.
I just relabeled our system last night and this works like a champ. Hope it helps out.
Email me privately if you need more assistance. Also check out if you need to get manuals in PDF format for your system. $20/set download.
Later,
Frank Kiehner
frankk@microfacture.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back