Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Extension Names 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericturner

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2007
US
I seem to remember where to change extension names on my BCM 400 being at

Services
--+ Ip Telephony
----+ Active sets

But, its not there anymore. What gives? Where do I change the display name?

after active set DNS doubleclick the extension and its under the general tab

Services
--+ Ip Telephony
----+ Active sets
.......DN
xxxx click on the DN you want to change.

In a box to the right you will see the Number or the name

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

camtree.jpg

bcmtree.jpg

Am I missing something? This is from the ee_admin account

If you aren't getting anything under telephony services, you need to install a lesser version of the jave runtime environment (jre). Version 5 works, but version 6 doesn't.

Thank you! I just downgraded Java and it works like a charm. I have been looking for this for a while.

If you know how to go in thru the telephone, you can also change it that way. It's sometimes faster than going to the truck and getting my lap top.

Except that on 3.x set based admin is unsupported by Nortel. They know when you've made a change via telset should you require their assistance with something.

Caveat Emptor

Any idea why they would not support it? I imagine they put it in for a reason, seems if that was the case why put it in at all. Also i've done it mostly on 4.0.

There were issues with the system not correctly applying changes to the MSC and changes not taking.

And causing coruption.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

It was fixed by downgrading from Java 6 to Java 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back