Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing exchange drive association

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer15

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2002
US
hey everyone,

is it possible to change an exchange drive association? for example, drive M is currently associated with my C, but i'd like it to build off of drive D instead (way more space). is it possible to do this without a complete rebuild of exchange?

Ignore the M drive.It does not exist...

In Exchange system manager, drill down to the Private Info Store. In properties, it details the files priv.edb and priv.stm or similar. Browse to a newly created folder on D. ESM will dismount the database and move the files.

REALLY don't think of the M drive.

<signature for rent>

yea, i know the drive m doesn't actually exist, but it is physically taking up room on my tapped out c drive. thanks, i'll give that a shot.

so all i have to do is change the directory it looks at and it will automatically migrate the database, or should i copy the database over and have the manager just point to the newly copied database?

See thread858-879407 all is there

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back