Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing emergency outcalling 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayAreaPhoneTech

Programmer
Jan 1, 2004
US
I'd like to change the number that my switch calls when there's a major alarm.

Also, I have a button on my 6416D+M for Major Hardware Failures. Is there anyway to add this for our other switches offsite?

'cha sys main'

not using digital sets, but you could get IP phones for the remote offices. I have 1 IP phone on my desk for each of my remote sights. This also helps when you need to do testing.

Another option to consider is to set up and PC that runs ASA 24/7 and have it "monitor alarms" and "monitor trunks" every 10 minutes. If an alarm is found or trunk down, an email can be genereated and sent to a blackberry.

cha sys main will not let me change the actual number it calls will it?

I will give the IP phone suggestion a shot. Thanks. :)

I should, I recently switched from Avaya maintenance to Business Partner maintenance, and had to change all of my switches to dial another number.

Do you think my login level would keep me from changing that? I only have dadmin access.

I checked the command and didn't see anything that would enable me to change the number it calls.

Thanks for your time. I appreciate it. :)

I got the answer from Avaya. It has to be changed on the UNIX side. I have a S8300 at this site.

Sorry I should have been more specific.

Thanks for your help! :)

dadmin is a higher level then my login. I have a superuser login with MSP's.

What software version are you working on?

On my G3 CM2.0 the number dialed is under first OSS endpoint.

G3 V13

I'm sure we're on CM 2.0 as well.

When I select cha sys main the first OSS endpoint only gives me the option to change the CPE Alarm Activation Level not the number it dials out to notifiy Avaya of an alarm.

I just checked on on my S8300's that are running CM3.0 and there is no option to change a phone number. Not sure why though. I guess that changed with 3.0.

On the S8000 series switches, since implementation, the alarm calls are configured at the unix prompt thru a telent session. Whoever you are using for alarm monitoring should be able to give you intstructions or assist you in changing these parameters. As these are public undocumented commands the post here might be considered inappropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back