Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Dreamweaver 4 template doesn't update Javascript

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZollerWagner

Technical User
Apr 18, 2001
US
Hi, all,

I'm having trouble with Dreamweaver 4. I have added a line to a template so the page will access the js from an external file:
<script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot; language=&quot;javascript&quot; src=&quot;scripts/wholeSite.js&quot;></script>

I have also deleted the js that was originally in the template. When I save the template, DW offers to update the files linked to the template, which is exactly what I want.

When I look at the &quot;updated&quot; files, however, the new line about the external js is there, but so is the js I had deleted.

Any idea of what's going wrong. Do I have to update these files by hand?

Many thanks for any help!
Art

you cal delete a line of code from all files by going into edit>find and replace click on enitire current local site and choosing source code then just paste the line you want deleted and what u want it deleted to and click replace all...so if you want it blank dont put anything in the replace with box [rockband]
whos that behind you?

That's a better idea than what I just did...

I did learn one interesting thing, though. It seems that on one page the spacing of the js had been changed, perhaps in notepad (outside DW, which won't allow you to change non-editable areas). I'm guessing that DW doesn't make changes if this area isn't the same in all the files linked to the template. Does anyone know if that's true?

That be true...ARRRRR [rockband]
whos that behind you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back