Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing definitions for CORs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdo2

MIS
Apr 20, 2001
US
Hi,

I've noticed that our COR that was setup to block international calls, actually puts international calls through when tested. Where do I change the COR definitions so it block users from dialing internationally?

Thanks a lot,

Carolyn

If you're looking to block all users, change your ARS ANA from allowing the call to go. If your looking to limit some users, look at using your FRLs to do this. You can send the calls to a new route pattern with a higher FRL, this would control the access to international calls. The users that are aloud to make the call need to have the same FRL as the international route. Look!!! New Buttons
Same amount of time!

Thanks All Phoneman2

You can do this in your COR to change
the "unrestricted call list"
In your toll list you have 10 UCL, in every UCL you can
assign a X behind the numbers who are belong to an list.
for example1:
in UCL1 you only assign a X after the emergency numbers.
In cor1 you fill in the unrestricted call list: 1
Now the station who have cor 1 can only call internal and
emergency numbers.
example2:
in UCL2 you assign a X after all local numbers.
In cor2 you fill in the unrestricted call list: 1 and 2.
Now the station who have cor 2 can call internal and
emergency numbers and local numbers.
and so on.......

So your problem can be in the cor, there is one extra on your unrestricted call list.
or
They have change your Toll list.

Greets, Bob

Yes Phoneman have right, it can also be the FRL
that your cor have.
the FRL in your cor must be the same or higher
than the FRL in your Route Pattern.

Greets , Bob

the stations COR defines the FRL (route pattern), time-of-day (partition-route-table) and UCL (toll list).
An outside number dialed first goes to the ARS digit-conversion, next the toll list then the ARS analysis and when the routepattern is defined there as pXX then also the partition route table before ending up at the route pattern.
Denial of service can be caused by any of the mentioned.

Wow, so many helpful tips. I tried the first suggestion and that seemed to do the trick. I changed the FRL in the COR I designated to block international calls and it worked perfectly. Thanks Phoneman2!

Carolyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back