Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing data

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbizzell

Technical User
Apr 22, 2005
US
Is it possible to change where the data is displayed? Let me see if I can explain it. Crystal 9 - SQL. Crosstab sorted by slsman.slsman and item number. The objective I'd like to accomplish: give the sales credit based on the item number to the corrected salesman. Unfortunatly, it is not possible to change the sales person in the db.

Example:
if{coitem.item}="L0640548" then {slsman.slsman}="11"

Currently it the salesman is "1"

Desired Results
L0640548 11

Is this possible?
Thanks for all the help! I've actually written a few formula's on my own now :)

Thanks-
Laurie

You could use a formula in your crosstab to replace your salesman row, like the following {@salesman}:

if {coitem.item}= "L0640548" then "11" else
if {coitem.item}= "L0560324" then "13" else//add all corrections
{slsman.slsman}

Of course, over the long term it would be difficult to continue compensating for database deficiencies by correcting like this in a report.

-LB

If I understand you correctly, you want a formula to use instead of the {slsman.slsman} field because it isn't correct for your reporting purposes.

if {coitem.item}="L0640548" then
{slsman.slsman}="11"
else
if {coitem.item}="blah-blah" then
{slsman.slsman}="12"
else
{slsman.slsman}

Create as many ELSE IFS as you require and then reference this field isntead of the {slsman.slsman} throughout the report.

-k

Ok - my bad - I incorrectly described my setup. The crosstab is in the group header for slsman.slsman and then the data in the crosstab is sorted by item number. The crosstab looks like this:

01 Joe Schmoe

Jan Feb March Total
0511 152.00 - 200.00 352.00
L0640548 563.00 568.23 - 1131.23

There are only a few items that need to be "reassigned".
Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks-
Laurie

What's the point of your last post?

Create the formula for however many you need in whatever area you'd like.

-k

I figured it out. I was placing it in the wrong area.
Thanks for all your help!

Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back