Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing customer logon ID - Definity Audix R3.1 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2003
US
I'm running Definity Audix R3.1 and I'd like to change my main customer logon ID. Also, if possible I'd like to add additional logon IDs for remote admins that provide assistance when I'm out of the office. My switch is a G3si running v11 and I was able to do this without a problem - Audix is giving me a headache trying to figure it out though. I really hope this isn't something I'm going to have to pay Avaya to do - I'm surprised they haven't asked for my firstborn yet - they certainly charge enough.

TIA

<?legalstuff
The above is my opinion only and should not be construed as the opinion of my employer.
?>

The only logins available to the customer are SA and VM. You cannont create new logins, only administer passwords for SA and VM.

I would only give them the VM login and save the SA for yourself. You will also need to set up a changed password system, so if the password does get changed by one of your remote users the rest of you will know.

Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

HI IIIBradIII,

I sympathize with you...Avaya is certainly proud of their products...the maintenance cost is extremely high. Re your problem the trick is when you first purchase/acquire the system to have the Avayza (or Lucent back when) set your login with the highest permissions you can get..that way you don't have to continually go back to Avaya for programming help. With the right permissions you should be able to change your audix id/pw as desired...

Hope this helps..

Baccus01

Well thanks all - looks like I'll stick with what I have afterall. I appreciate the help.

<?legalstuff
The above is my opinion only and should not be construed as the opinion of my employer.
?>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back