Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing CS1000 password 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

richieja

Technical User
Oct 16, 2018
JM
I need help changing the password on the CS1000 back to their defaults.

BTW that's for 7.6 if you are on a release pre 4.0 then that's not the procedure you used to be able to read the encrypted passwords in pdt.

This is for release 4.5. However, I am unable to locate the installation media :(. Thanks for the help. I guess I have to try some other methods.

CS1000_password_reset_nnnynw.jpg

download the install zip file from avaya and make an install card

Can the installation be placed on a flash drive instead of a compact flash card?

not sure never tried as always had CF installs media or backup media etc. either way you need to insert it into the call processor CF slot so you would need a converter. Also the Callservers can be quite choosey on the CF's they support.

this is probably a CPPM card, or the CPIV. I have never been able to use the install software on anything other than the Compact Flash (CF2) card. I would be interested to see if the USB drive works.

John Anaya
Amdocs Inc.
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

So that would be the procedure do change the passwords in the PBX if the Security Domain is down, ie, System Manager. Changing the passwords in System Manager for the Security Domain is a totally different process and possibly what he is looking for. Not sure though.

If it's in a sec domain or at least thinks it is then it won't look at local accounts

You can get out of sec domain by using control pdt and then user resetCAUTH then put in install card etc

What processor are you working on at 4.5 as the Media required could be Floppy, PCMCIA or Compact flash etc.

My guess is that you might have the smaller SSC processor card that uses the PCMCIA in slot A. That card must be no larger than 128 megs and you can use a Compact Flash card and a PCMCIA card adapter but again no larger than 128 megs.

SanDisk tend to be the best ones that are compatible.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I think the guy is MIA, post is old and probably got it resolved or gave up

I'm still here, and unfortunately, still without access to configure the CS1000 due to the password issue. Also, I made a slight mistake earlier where the version is concerned. It is VxWorks 5.5.1. The local service provider came and was unable to log into the system. They tried resetting the password with the system manager but with no success.

I find it strange that one line came up that is receiving calls and three lines to make calls out. Somehow there is a problem with the trunks on the system and no way to log in and correct the issue.

Thanks for all the help thus far.

I am guessing if you are using SMGR that you are on a later release so first get it off the Central authentication by using control PDT and user name resetCAUTH. You would need the install card for this process, then if you still don't know the local access passwords use the control PDT and username resetPWD this also requires the install card. when it prompts for password to reset enter admin2, give new admin2 and pdt2 passwords. Login to admin2 and set new password, then join the sec domain again and you SMGR accounts should be good.

If you're on an SSC based 4.5 system, there's a method of resetting the password form PDT that involves changing the DIP switches on the SSC. I did this about 8 months ago, but I don't completely remember the whole process. You do need the PDT password, however.

Andy Reeds's answer involves moving the baud dip switch on the SSC card over to the right above the one that you are currently using so that you have two dip switches on the right hand side and then logging in with the password for "pdt" that is your dongle number.

Once in "pdt", there is a command to reset all the accounts back to default.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

That is my main issue, I have NO access to any of the passwords. The setup is inherited, but it was put in place by the ISP here and they do not know the password for the system. Two lines/trunks in the system were restored (they mysteriously started working), but that has its limitation as well. Thank you all for all the help given. I am truly grateful.

Please let me know if you were able to solve your problem. I have a few documents on it. I think that once you have got into "pdt" that you need to type in "symload" to get to a higher level. Once in there, you need to enter in a few more commands and I think the answers are within "help" if you type it in.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back