Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing call center number

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlamo

MIS
Mar 14, 2007
US
Hi guys,

due to a merger I have been asked to inform the clients that call our call center of a new number to dial. Currently I am forwarding the old call center number via the IPOffice to the new number which is an external destination. Call forwarding does not play a message before forwarding so I was thinking of adding a VoicemailPro module for this purpose but have had no luck in figuring it out. Any one care to give me some insight on the best practice?

Thanks in advance

Which part are you stuck on? You should simply be able to forward to the VMPro module, create a menu with a timeout action. Record the message you want to play and set the timeout to a transfer destination of the new number.

and that is what I did but it forwards without playing the message or if I get it to play the message it never transfers. I guess I'll keep adjusting until I figure it out.

Oh no, I found the error of my ways, I had a space in the destination for the incoming call route. I'm good now. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back