Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing button colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigspank

Programmer
Aug 10, 2001
US
I would like to change the form and button colors, I cannot seem to change them can anyone assist me in this. I want my buttons to a solid color other than the default gray? When you sow a thought, you reap an act. When you sow an act, you reap a habit. When you sow a habit, you reap a character. When you sow a character, you reap a destiny.

The form is no problem, just use the BackColor property, the buttons are problematic. According to Windows standards the button colors are controlled by user in the current color scheme (or Theme).

If you have a special need to override the users choices, there are at least three ways you can do this:

1) Add a Picture that covers the button - you can make the background any color you want. Since this "covers" the caption, you'll need to any text to the Picture.

2) Create your own color button class - normally based on a container, as it has a BackColor property. I've done this with buttons and/or labels in the container, depending on how you want it to look and feel.

3) Use a 3rd party button control - there are many, free, shareware and commercial, that offer a huge range of capabilities.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back