Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Attendent Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tisiphone

Technical User
Mar 15, 2005
US
This is probably ridiculously simple BUT it involves the scary console:
Our attd DN is 0 (duh), it currently routes to the 2250 console from the main voice menu or internal dialers, etc.
Our receptionist position went buh-bye, and I now need callers to go to a non-console phone when dialing zero, so I need to add 0 (I guess!) to a key on 3904 set.
I don't even know where to start on this one...
Thanks!

If you do this for your App Builder menus, Just double click on the Attendant Icon and change the route to DN.

If in Mail you will need to set your default revert DN to the new extension.

Or out your attendant consoles and then create an ACDN "0" and NCFW to your new 3904 phone.

JOhn

I figured out the App Builder part, I'll have a go at outing the console.

look at att_data,, ld 21 prt att.. you'll see atdn 0, change that to an non used dn.. then i would make 0 a maxp 1 acd ncfw to that 2616.. gives you clean control of the new station..

another thing to look at, nit_data,, ld 21 prt nit, that needs to be the dn on that 2616.. when you kill the 2250 your switch goes into night mode and stays.. the only other thing i would look at is your routes.. two points, one is auto yes.. that would mean that the trunks have a atdn, that may be a menu or something else, look at it because your going in nights, that may need to be addressed.. and last thing i will give you to play with idc, if any route has idc yes and the day and night treatment uniques needs to be adjusted.. ld 49 prt idc may put that one to bed, if you are not using idc, then it's a non-issue

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks, johnpoole. Changing the atdn was the missing piece; I did that, created ACD 0 and it is now working internally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back