Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing an ouput from one string to another 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leedy33

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
Im using crystal 8.5 and in my report i have a field named "Status", which has 5 different possible scenerios that can appear. What im trying to do is when under "Status", the word "resolve" appears. Im trying to change it so that "Login" appears instead. I know you need to do something in the "edit selection Formula," but im not a hundred percent sure as to how the formula should go. i have tried some sort of: (if {status} = "Resolve" then "Login". but it is not working. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi,
Not in the record selection formula ( unless you just want those records where it has 'resolve')-instead,
Create a formula (named, for instance, ShowStat)
@ShowStat
Code:
if Trim({Status} ) <> ""  //Always check for Nulls/blanks..
 then
  (
   if {Status} = 'resolve'
     then
      'Login'
     else
      {Status}
   )
 else
   'NoStatus'

Display this formula in your report instead of the 'actual' status field.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

In doing a report is there anyway to create a line or seperation in the middle of my information. Lets say i want to have a line go across the page after a certain date. I have a bunch of rows ordered by date, and if there is a certain date that i want to be as a seperation point, is there any way to put a line or something after such a thing. Thanks

Right click the section and select insert section below.

Place a line in the new section and size the section/line accordingly.

Right click the new section and select format section, and in the X2 next to suppress place your formula.

You posted nothing specific, so I'm afraid I can't give you the exact syntax, but something like:

{table.date} <> cdate(2005,8,1)

The line will then be produced only for that date.

-k

Hi,
Try this:

Create a formula like this:
@MakeLine
Code:
ReplicateString ('_',80 )// adjust number to your page needs

Place this under the data row that will contain the Date ( adjust its length to fill the page width, set the Can Grow to 1)and supress it until the Date you want is reached..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back