Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing admin password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4life66

Programmer
Nov 17, 2003
US
I just got a new Sharp MV14 laptop.
I need to go into the command port to modify few system files. I normally do this by booting off the window xp pro disk and go into the *Repair* option, in there, i'll have to chose which window i would like to log in and input the admin password.

My problem is:
after booting from the XP CD, and went into the *repair* option and chose which window to log in, no matter what kind of password I enter, it's wrong (and i only get 3 try).

Under windows, I went to the Administrative Tools and reset my admin password to a new one, and yet when I goto the *repair*, it still doesn't work.

My Question is:
am i changing the admin password in the wrong place?

Thanks for any one's help!!!

308402 - 'The Password Is Not Valid' Error Message Appears When You Log On to Recovery Console in Windows XP

312149 - HOW TO: Enable Administrator to Log On Automatically in Recovery Console

If you can get a 2000 CD that Recovery Console can enter XP without a password due to a bug in XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back