Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing ACD sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

janaya

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
Which came first the chicken or the egg?

What is the meaning of Life?

Can you change a Symposium acquired phone or do you have to out it and rebuild it?

All three difficult questions to answer, but here is something funny. If you change a Symposium acquired phone with OTM, it uses the ECHG method.

Is Nortel saying that it is now OK to do this. I have a General Release bulliten from 10/03 stating that you have to out the phone and rebuild.

I usually do this, but a situation has arised that would result in the programming of over 200 phone sets. Tried one change with OTM prior to making a Global Change and watched it ECHG.

Any thoughts?

John

Personally I make CLS changes on acd sets all the time without deacquiring. And have not had any data issues.
I just would not do a MOV with them without deacquiring though.

Using a procomm script you can out and rebuild 200 sets in a very short amount of time, and each would be built exactly the same ( cls options etc), I don't care if Nortel does come out and say it is okay to ech an acd set, seen problems before and would rather take the time to out and rebuild.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? The yolk. And it's all on us.

What is the meaning of life? To live long enough to figure out the answers, only vaguely addressed in the NTP.

Can you change a Symposium acquired phone or do you have to out it and rebuild it? No matter what Nortel has said about this being ok-- ACD in general (or Meridian Mail, or a host of topics) I don't believe it. They are luring you into a sense of complacency. Then one fine day you'll notice that things are all XXXX'd up. Take a couple of extra seconds and do it the long way. Find a script, whatever. And whatever you do, don't trust OTM.

Signed,

Bitter but Recovering

OTM will give you the option to "Do the change as a replace" when you run the sync.
I think you have to have OTM in Maintenance Mode though.

Steamer

sandy speak wise and nobel words... otm is great if your not a switchman, after you reload a switch in the middle of the day and retype a few hundred sets while your boss is on the cell trying to replace you, you to grasshopper will be on the road to actual oldness... (not a happy place).. when Symposium was rls 1, i saw a switch do an ini on a name change on an acquired set.. i use scripts, prt the tnb's, pull them up in an excel, make the changes to the excel. the script disu's the set out's the set, puts it back in and does an idu... i have done as many as 400 sets in a 8 hour day

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I will have to bow out to those who know loads (joke intended) more than I do, and say "I shallt not change an acquired set".
I guess just because I can not see any problems, it does not mean they are not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back