Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing ACD 3905 to SPV ( thread798-963358 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxphoneman

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
Hello,
I need to make an existing 3905 ACD agent phone a Supervisor ( SPV )phone with an OBV key on an option 11c w/Symposium. I see how to do it,but see people do it different ways.
1. Do an easy change ?( I changed the DN of this set this way and it worked fine )

2. Print out the ACD phone...De-aquire set in Symposium.. out the phone... and build up from scratch with key 6 OBV & CLS SPV ?

Can adding SPV & OBV key be that critical to the ACD set that I need to do #2 , Maybe I got lucky with the DN change if it is ??? I suck at programming this switch..I do about 6 changes a year to it..so re-programming an ACD phone would take me some time BUT less time then if I had to rebuild the whole switch ,if I was suppose to being doing #2
If I should be doing #2 I'd like to know ahead of time what the switch is going to ask me when I'm rebuilding it back up from scratch.
Thank you for your time !!!
Todd

I would deacquire it in ld 48. Delete it from Symposium & easy chg CLS SPV & key XX obv
Add back to Sym.

If you do 2, and MOST would. It is going to ask you for everything on the printout, prt it first. alot you can skip, but need des, tgar,ncos,fdn, cls - depends on set - voicemail? did? etc
hunt
ast
iapg

Mato' Was'aka

I have been doing Nortel's for 27 years and I just make the change as bigindian65 said to do it, but thats me. Others here say out it and rebuild from the scratch. You have to do what you feel comfortable doing.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

i don't feel comfy even changing the dang name on a set in this thing at times..I've been slapped to the ground for the dumbest things with it.. it'll cause ya to start drinking !!!
If you have been doing it that way for 27 years and haven't run into a problem..then I think that's what I'll try to do..I'm not all that familiar with symposium but there is someone on site that might be able to build up the agent from scratch if I wipe it out... not sure which "out" would be easier,lol
has anyone ever been able to put their finger on what causes the switch to either except the programming on an easy change on an ACD set or programming that cause it to go into a tailspin???
What a POS if you can't modify anything on an existing set without rebuilding it as brandy new each time... just my thoughts... some might love this thing <s> ( give me a Norstar any day )

be well... and thank you for ALL the info.. I NEED IT !!

Here's a compromise...it's what I do:

If ACD sets needs changing, disable the TN first - then make change, then enable TN

That insures something, although I won't try to go into what...it's just one step closer to safety.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

A Rumor I helped start back in 1982, when I worked for Nortel was if we didn't know why something happened on a switch and the customer demanded a answer. We would blame it on there tech for makeing changes using Easy change on an ACD phone and Nortel Tech's still say it today. I've never used Symposium so I would ...De-aquire set in Symposium and then disable it and then make the change. then Re-aquire set in Symposium

That rumor made it right into the NTPs too. They clearly state not to CHG.

But, look at all the trouble it got us into...none. I think it has to do with the fact we and the other lucky ones only settle on stable releases for our systems.

For example, why people upgraded to from 25.40 to Rls 3 is still a mystery to me. Oh wait, it's because Nortel "gave it away", it was so bad

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

My Option 11C 25.40 has run for over 4 years without INI, SYS or any problems.

and on a side note! You're not going to have to "build" anything in Symposium. It is just CONFIGURATION - PHONESETS AND VOICE PORTS
In there is a list of tnbs:

4-0-5-5 4-0-5-5 agent acquired "check box" to check

That's it. It will not affect the agents/supervisors build, as they can log into any set they want.

So, all you delete and add back is the tnb, the check box and refresh.

Mato' Was'aka

hey gang.. thank you very much for all the info... it doesn't sound all that bad to do..even with the extra steps to help make sure something doesn't go wrong.

be well

Usually if you have problems like you said you have making changes, the system gives an ERROR code telling you what you did wrong. just look it up in the NTP's.

Hello.. tech support had me do something a little different..which still gave me problems.. I get a sch5041.. I pulled up the Supervisors set and don't see my agent associated with the set in any manner,but causing me not to make any changes to it until I've removed the reference for that set. ( I see other AGT keys.. but not this one )tech support is thinking that my agent is being "looked" at by something in Symposium that isn't showing up on the Supervisors printout ( TNB )causing me a problem in making any changes or OUT's on my agents phone.My agent has been de-aquired in Symposium .Has any one seen this before ?

thanks

POST the TNB of the phone your tryi ng to change.

This is the set that needs to be turned into an Supervisor.It has been de-aquired in Symposium at the time of the printing.

DES V6
TN 007 0 00 14
TYPE 3905
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
FDN 7000
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 4
SGRP 0
RNPG 1
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FNA HTA ADD CRPD STSD
MWA RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNIA CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUA DPUA DNDA CFXD ARHD CNTD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 7000
LHK 1
PLEV 02
SPID 7862
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
PRI 01
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 ACD 7012 0 7860
AGN
01 SCR 520 0 MARP
CPND
NAME XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XPLN 17
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 SCR 620 0 MARP
CPND
NAME XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XPLN 17
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
08 MSB
09 NRD
16 MWK 7000
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 16
20 RGA
21 PRK
22 RNP
23 SSU 0000
24 PRS
25 CHG
26 CPN
DATE 9 MAY 2008

This is the Supervisors set ( below ).

DES V13
TN 012 0 00 06
TYPE 3905
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
FDN 7000
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 4
SGRP 0
RNPG 1
SCI 0
SSU 0000
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FNA HTA ADD CRPD STSD
MWA RMMD SMWD AAD IMD DOS XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNIA CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUA DPUA DNDA CFXD ARHD CNTD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 7000
LHK 1
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
AACS YES
ACQ AS: TN
ASID 16
SFNB 2 5 6 9 10 11 12 13 15 16 17 18 19
SFRB 1 2 15
USFB 1 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 12 13 14 15
CALB 1 3 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 12
FCTB
ITNA NO
DGRP
PRI 01
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 ACD 7012 0 7862
SPV
01 SCR 512 0 MARP
CPND
NAME XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XPLN 17
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 SCR 612 0 MARP
CPND
NAME XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XPLN 17
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
03 AGT 7863
04 AGT 7864
06 OBV
08 MSB
09 NRD
10 AMG
11 AAG
16 MWK 7000
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 4 510
20 RGA
21 PRK
22 RNP
23 SSU 0000
24 PRS
25 CHG
26 CPN

I see Nortel has let go all the Tech's that knew what they where doing again. I like Nortel systems, but there support sucks.

Yup... you are correct. I had to de-aquire in Symposium..we deleted it also in Symposium ( maybe we didn't need to though ).I then...and didn't think it would let me..delete the SPID (x). tech support had me then delete KEY 00.. we then rebuilt it back up as a Supervisor ( ie. CLS SPV,KEY 9 NRD ,KEY 6 OBV).

thank you very much guys...glad your here!!!!

Once you deleted the SPID you didn't need to do anything but change the CLS SPV.

Nortel didn't follow there own rules that say you should delete the phone and rebuild the phone.

But like i always say, I have never deleted an ACD and then rebuild it just to make a change to it.

I'll keep that in mind for next time..i got a small taste of making changes though,which I needed the practise with.Thanks again so much !!

When I was learning the Nortel back in 1979, I had a Multi Cust switch and I just made another Cust to play around in and it didn't effect the 2 other Cust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back