Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing access codes for Meet-Me 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneman2

MIS
May 7, 1999
US
I have set up the Meet-Me confernce call and it works. I am how ever having a little trouble changing the access codes over the phone. I do have my FAC set up, I just don't know in which order I need to input the numbers. Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Here is a doc I put together and it works great here:

HOW TO CHANGE SECURITY CODE FOR MEET-ME CONFERENCING

1. Dial 339.(your FAC)
2. Enter Meet-Me vdn extension, then press #.
3. Enter current 6 digit access code, then press #.
4. Enter new 6 digit access code, then press #.
5. Re-enter new 6 digit access code for confirmation, then press #.
6. If successful, you will hear 3 confirmation beeps and you are finished.

G3si Guy

That's what I was looking for Thank You Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Hey g3si,

At your convenience could you please post this procedure in the FAQs Tab? I was going to do it but I want to make sure that your name gets credited for it. By the way, they work great. Thanks!

Can you also use them from a remote location using the Telecommuting Access Extension? Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Ok,
I have posted this as a FAQ. Should help a lot of people. I couldnt find the exact order of this myself, so I used the tried and true method of ...trial and error.

Phoneman,
I have recently implemented telecommuting, and the only things that it can do is extended call forwarding and changing pre-configed coverage paths using g3si v.11.

You could use remote access to change security codes as that will give you access to just about anything feture wise. Granted, it is a security risk in itself though, so use accordingly.

G3si Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back