Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing a table field in Access2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeborahA

Technical User
Jun 13, 2000
CA
www.waterbedandfuton.com
<br>Hi,<br>This question is a bit complicated I apologise in advance.<br><br>I'm using an application called StoreFront2k<br>This application is the basis for my online store.<br><br>Here's the problem.<br><br>My Creditcard processor is unsupported by storefront.<br>I have to change the Administration Transaction field to accept 65 characters, as I have now been told, it only accepts up to 25 characters.<br><br>When I open the mdb in Access2k and view the table with this particular field, it has 'yourlogin' in the line, but nothing about 25 characters.<br>My question is, can I just put my merchant Id in this field instead of the words 'yourlogin'? OR, must I somehow state<br>the 65 characters, then add it to the Admininistration after I RE-import the mdb?<br><br>I appreciate the patience and the help, Best Regards<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Debbs

If you go to the design view of the table you can change the character length and the name of the table. Just be careful if that field is part of a relationship then It will not let you change the character length, without first deleting the relationship. Then you can remake the relationship after you have changed the field length. <p>Walt III<br><a href=mailto:SAElukewl@netscape.net>SAElukewl@netscape.net</a><br><a href=

<br>THANKS WALT.....It worked beautifully!!<br>Now, if I could figure out the vbscript compilation error I keep getting..LOL&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks again..Debbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back