Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing a schedule without running it 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeroenBoon

Technical User
Aug 15, 2002
NL
Hello,

(CE10)
When I change f.i. the destination of a schedule, I first have to update the changed page by pressing the update button and then press the schedule button to activate the change. This leads to a new recurring instance, which is what I want, but it also starts the schedule at the same time, what I don't want. Is it possible to activate the change, without starting the schedule at that time?

Thanks, Jeroen.

The reason why it would start the job immediately, is because you must when you hit schedule again, make sure the start date/ time is later than current. Else it would assume it "missed a schedule" and start it immediately.

EO
Hertfordshire, England

If you don't mind a third party tool, another way of doing it is using our .rpt Inspector Enterprise Suite.

It allows you to open your report objects in bulk directly from Crystal Enterprise or Business Objects XI. And for each one it makes an in-memory table that exposes all the properties.

So you can change meta-data properties like schedules, desintations, formats, parameters, etc. on one or more reports at the sametime. And this it doesn't create a new recurring schedule but rather modifies the existing one.

The whole process literally can take seconds for a couple hundred reports. And there's 19 tools in the suite to do even more.

Software Forces, LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back